Conlon Exteriors, Inc. is a GAF Factory Certified Master Elite Roofing Contractor with 20 years servicing Long Island, NY residents. You can verify us by going to the GAF website by clicking here and entering our GAF number ME41612
What GAF Master Elite Certification Means to You as a Homeowner
If you see a roofing contractor on Long Island that is “GAF Master Elite Certified” you may not know exactly what that means, and why it is important to you as a homeowner. This designation is a certification from GAF, one of the leading roofing materials manufacturer in the U.S., and only the top 2 percent of all roofing contractors nationwide can claim this certification.
A Third-Party Quality Endorsement
Not all states require roofers to have a license before they can offer roofing services to homeowners (although some cities do have their own licensing requirements). For that reason it’s important that you have a third-party endorsement from a qualified company like a roofing materials manufacturer. A company that is GAF Master Elite certified has been thoroughly reviewed to ensure they deliver quality products and services to their customers.
Qualifications of GAF Master Elite Roofers
Before boasting about being a GAF Master Elite Certified contractor, roofing companies in Nassau & Suffolk Counties on Long Island have to meet several qualifications, including:
- Being in business for a minimum of 7 years
- Scoring a minimum of 99% on customer satisfaction surveys conducted by GAF
- Carrying at least $1 million in general liability coverage
- Carrying a proper amount of worker’s compensation insurance
- Achieving a satisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Having a high credit rating with a clear bank history (no overdrafts or other negative items on your credit report)
- Having a history of paying all bills on time, with no other liens, judgments, or unresolved items on record
- Maintaining a record of quality workmanship
While there might be good contractors out there that meet some of these requirements, in order to be able to advertise your services as a GAF Master Elite contractor, you must meet all of the requirements each year. With such a stringent screening process, it’s no wonder the vast majority of roofers in Nassau & Suffolk Counties on Long Island are unable to make the cut.
As a homeowner, your roof plays a critical role in protecting your home. It can also be a significant cost to replace or repair it, which is why you want to make sure you only work with highly qualified roofers that will provide the highest quality work. Seeking out a GAF Master Elite contractor is a good place to start.